We are pleased to be part of the Western Federation Watercolor Society (WFWS) and are excited that our Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild will be hosting the WFWS 43rd Exhibit here in Tucson in May-June 2018.
This opportunity rotates among the 11 watercolor societies in the WFWS and our turn is coming up next year! We will be welcoming the delegates, workshop participants, as well as the participating artists and guests from the nine western state region who are selected by our exhibit juror, artist Ted Nuttall.
This is our chance to bring Western Fed artists to our community and display original artwork of perhaps a hundred participating artists in our own gallery. We appreciate every member’s contributions and ideas for this upcoming exhibit.
There will be lots of ways to be involved as the date gets closer, and many of those details are being worked out now!
Contact Susan Morris at Susans5@cox.net to include your name in these areas:
- Hospitality – making our guests welcome
- Framing – includes handling artwork, matting and framing
- Publicity – ideas and ways to get the word out to our community
- Fundraising – small and large contributions on a personal level
- Planning committee
- Welcome and registration of delegates
- Desert Museum field trip for delegates
Now is the time to get involved. Your special gift to the WFWS event is not only tax deductible but will go towards several areas of need and provide:
- Juror expenses of approximately $8500: Nationally and internationally known artist Ted Nuttell will be judging the exhibition and conducting a five day workshop.
- Framing of artwork in the amount of approximately $6000: (SAWG member Mike Dutton will be contributing his time to frame the pieces.)
- Printing of the Exhibit Catalog of approximately $4500: (SAWG member Sandy Walker will be contributing her time for graphic design of the catalog.)
- Exhibition Awards of approximately $5000: (includes various art supply contributions from nationally recognized art organizations.)
- Venue and transportation costs of approximately $5000: (includes the Desert Museum Baldwin Education Building to transport 30 officers and delegates.)
If you know of a potential donor or sponsor for exhibit activities or awards, please contact Susan Morris, our WFWS delegate and Project Manager at Susans5@cox.net.
More opportunities to participate will be coming soon, so stay tuned!