The Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild (SAWG) will once again be funding scholarship awards totaling up to $6,000, divided among select senior high school students who attend college in the fall semester 2017. Students must plan on pursuing careers in art related fields.
Please note this important information:
1) If a student wishes to be eligible to receive a $1,000 award, they must submit 2 pieces of their artwork.
2) Students must enroll in college for the fall semester of 2017. For the past several years, a few students received awards and did not enroll in college; therefore, the scholarships could not be disbursed. This prevented other worthy students from receiving awards who did attend college.
Please download these forms from the SAWG website or copy and distribute the attached three forms (information sheet, application with documentation cards, & parent permission form) to senior art students whom you think may have an interest in participating. Please encourage them to apply.
To interactively fill out the 2017 SAWG Scholarship Registration form:
- Click the 2017 SAWG Scholarship Registration form to open.
- Type in your answers by tabbing to each field.
- When complete, save the file to your computer desktop.
- Attach that file to an email and send it to email@example.com
Deadline: Teachers, please register your students for the competition on the enclosed registration form by March 4, 2017. Send it to Sue Rumsey, SAWG Scholarship Chairman, at 11986 N Labyrinth Dr, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students should bring the application, documentation and parent permission forms when they deliver their artwork to the Murphy-Wilmot Library on Saturday, March 18, 2017 from 10:30 to 11:30am.
Please feel free to contact Sue Rumsey 520-490-9499 if you have any questions. Thank you for your time and attention.