The Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild (SAWG) will once again be funding scholarship awards totaling up to $6,000, divided among select senior high school students who attend college in the fall semester 2018. Students must plan on pursuing careers in art related fields.
Please note this important information:
1) If a student wishes to be eligible to receive a $1,500 or $1,000 award, they must submit 2 pieces of their artwork.
2) Students must enroll in college for the fall semester of 2018. For the past several years, a few students received awards and did not enroll in college; therefore, the scholarships could not be disbursed. This prevented other worthy students from receiving awards who did attend college.
Please download these three PDF forms from the SAWG website and copy and distribute the attached three forms (information sheet, application with documentation cards, & parent permission form) to senior art students whom you think may have an interest in participating. Please encourage them to apply.
Teachers, please register your students for the competition on the attached registration form. If you have Microsoft Excel, click to download the 2018 SAWG Scholarship Registration form.
Or click to open the 2018 SAWG Scholarship Registration form in PDF format and print out.Then fill out by hand and mail it in.
- Excel users can save the file to their computer desktop.
- Open in Excel and fill out.
- Save your file and attach it to an email and send it to email@example.com.
Deadline Feb. 24. 2018: Send the form by mail to Sue Rumsey, SAWG Scholarship Chairman, at 11986 N Labyrinth Dr, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should bring the application, documentation and parent permission forms when they deliver their artwork to the Murphy-Wilmot Library.
Please feel free to contact Sue Rumsey 520-490-9499 if you have any questions. Thank you for your time and attention.